Guide to Charges on your Bill

In addition to tuition and fees, the Bursar's Office bills charges on behalf of a variety of other University departments. If you have a question about any of these charges, please contact the appropriate office directly. If a charge is removed, it will appear on your next bill as a credit.

Required Fees

Fee Description Contact
UG Rec Center Fee

The Rec Center fee will be charged for each fall and spring semester.

UG Student Activity Fee

This fee, which is approved, collected, and allocated by students, supports student activities as a whole, many of which will be operating during the coming year and will support students both on campus and remote (e.g., Blanket Tax fund activities including the Rice Program Council, Campanile, Honor Council, University Court, KTRU, Thresher, Student Association).

Student Association Treasurer
Health & Wellness Support Fee
The Rice Counseling Center (RCC), Wellbeing Office, Student Health Services (SHS) and SAFE office staff provides supportive services to students who need them throughout the semester. For students within the continental U.S., this includes access to telemed services through the RCC and SHS. In addition, please note that RCC has a referral specialist who can help any student, regardless of location, find a local provider if they will be studying remote. Allison Vogt
Associate Dean of Students

Other Potential Fees

Fee Department Contact
Billing Fees
(Late Payment Fees, Returned Check Fees, etc.)
Bursar's Office 713-348-4946
(Board, Meal Plan Options, Tetra Points, etc.)
Office of Housing & Dining 713-348-5445
(Room, Work Orders, Withdrawal Fees, Telecommunication Fees, etc.)
Office of Housing & Dining 713-348-5445
(Library Fines)
Fondren Library 713-348-5698
Metro Q-Card
(Metro Q-Card, Replacement Fees)
Bursar's Office 713-348-4946
(Parking Permits)
Parking Office 713-348-PARK (7275)
Parking Enforcement
(Parking Citations, Citation Appeals)
Parking Enforcement & Appeals 713-348-3956/4591
(Owlnet Printing Charges)
Office of Information Technology 713-348-HELP (4357)
Registration Fees
(Late Registration Fees, Course Change Fees, Transcripts, Enrollment/Degree Verifications, etc.)
Office of the Registrar 713-348-4999
Student Health Insurance
Student Health Insurance 713-348-5544
Study Abroad
(Enrollment Continuance Fee)
Rice Study Abroad 713-348-5836